P.S. Maspeth Elementary School
School Safety Committee
November 19, 2012
Committee Members: K. Anderson; G. Androsiglio; S. Bauer; D. Chiauzzi; T. Ivanic; D. Murphy; K. Murtha; J. Saia; O. Turitto; S. Vartanian; S. Voogt; M. Willard; S. Yanez
- The minutes of the October 22, 2012 meeting were read and accepted.
- We have completed seven fire drills. We need to complete one more before December 3, 2012.
- Lockdown drill has been completed. Everything went well. We have identified that one teacher did not have a key, one classroom has a door that did not lock tight, there is no key for the main office and the Custodian needs to be present at the Command Center. Mr. Androsiglio was not in the building when the drill took place. Mr. Adrosiglio has been advised.
- Fruit flies are overwhelming. They were very noticeable during parent-teacher conferences. Exterminator has been called.
- At dismissal students are climbing up and walking around the concrete walls. When Security reprimands the students, the students’ parents get angry with Security. An announcement will be made instructing the children that they are not to climb the walls.
- There seems to be too many wires in the classrooms that could cause a tripping hazard. There is some type of wire safety cover that could help. It is being looked into.
- Next School Safety Committee meeting is scheduled for December 17, 2012 at 3:30 p.m. in Room 307.